Zucchini-Cheese Appetizer Squares
April 7, 2017
- 8 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan and sprinkle with
- 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium size frying pan, heat
- on medium-high.
- Add sesame seeds and stir constantly until seeds are lightly browned.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine vegetable oil, onion, garlic, zucchini, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, basil, oregano, pepper and Cheddar cheese; stir until well combined.
- Press mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and sesame seeds over the zucchini mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until set when lightly touched in the center.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting into 1 inch squares.