Southwest Appetizer Cheesecake
April 7, 2017
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream
- cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Colby
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces chopped green chile
- 8 ounces jalapeno cheese dip
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 2 (2 ounce) cans sliced black
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine crushed tortilla chips and melted butter in a small mixing bowl.
- Press mixture into a 9-inch springform pan to form the crust.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine cream cheese,Colby-Jack cheese,cottage cheese, eggs and green chile peppers.
- Spread this mixture evenly into the crust.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- When finished baking, remove cake from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Combine the jalapeno dip and 8 ounces sour cream in a small mixing bowl.
- Spread this mixture over the cheesecake to cover any cracks.
- Return to cake the oven and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for at least 4 hours.
- When cooled, dollop remaining sour cream on top of the cake (in the center).
- Arrange the tomatoes, black olives, and green onions around the sour cream in concentric circles.