Appetizer Sausage Balls in Blankets
April 7, 2017
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1/2 cup butter
- Mix in a large bowl the flour, curry, paprika, salt and cheese.
- With pastry blender or 2 knives used scissors fashion, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With hands shape into a ball.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, shape heaping teaspoon of sausage meat into small balls.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, fry until well browned.
- Drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- Divide dough into as many pieces as sausage balls.
- Then shape dough evenly around balls.
- Wrap and freeze.
- At Serving Time:Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place frozen sausage balls on a cookie sheet and
- bake 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Serve with toothpicks as appetizers.